Thursday, March 1, 2012

Midterm Week

While I see all my friends status's on facebook about being in the library because it is halfway through the semester so it is midterm time, I have a do-able amount of work.  I had a paper due Tuesday for Culture by Design and a small art history midterm due yesterday, but not much.
I am feeling 100 percent back to myself.  Thank gosh I am because I have a busy weekend and then Italy on Monday!  THis weekend I am going to Lee's cousins Bar Mitzvah.  Just like we do in America it is a weekend ordeal!  I am starting to get all my stuff together for Italy because I know this weekend will go so quickly.
This week has been great!  Yesterday I had my internship where I worked on picking out fabrics and wall coverings for the studio here, it is challenging because the "client" is also my boss. I found a few she really likes so today I am ordering samples and finding more about them.  After my internship yesterday I went to Art History where we went to Tate Britain.  We saw some Turner work through time which was so nice to see in person.  And then....I went to the Picasso exhibit!  It was so amazing!  They had his work and then other artists who he influenced aswell and it was easy to see his influence on the world of art.  This was an amazing exhibit!
Last night we went to see a play called "In Basildon.  THis was the first round theatre I had been to..the stage was in the middle and you could see it from all sides. It was different but I did not like that sometimes peoples backs were to me.  I felt like their sound system needed to be a bit louder for us with backs to us to hear.  That being said, it was a funny play and I enjoyed it alot!

Today, Thursday, It is a beautiful Spring day!  I am at my internship ( where I am right now) all day.  I just wanted to put a quick post in because I know the day will be busy after this and then tomorrow even more so.
Plans for Spring Break so everyone knows.
I fly out Monday morning from Gatwick airport at 8 40 to Venice.  We are in Venice until Tuesday evening where we take the bus to Florence.  We will be in Florence for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.  Leaving Florence for Siena Thursday morning.  We are staying in Siena Thursday night and going to Rome midday Friday.  We are going to be in Rome Friday, Saturday and Sunday and flying out Sunday afternoon back to London!  It is going to be a busy few days but amazing!

I have it all pretty much planned and I am going with my friend Candice so we will figure it out together!  I have done as my mom would and printed out places to eat, see, maps and all my information for the places ( thanks mom!).  
Enjoy Spring weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment