Sunday, February 5, 2012

Friday through the weekend

So I think I left off at Thursday.
Thursday is my internship day.  I went to my internship all day, obviously with the break for Pret A Mange ( best sandwich place ever, dont worry there is one on every corner here).  I have had a good experience with my internship so far.  Thursday I was working on designing this furniture unit for behind the sofa in the studio.  I am still working on it and once I have a plan and a nice drawing and dimensions it will get made!  How cool is that.  I am also designing a cushion for a bench in the studio. I will chose the style, fabric, trim and do sketches.  I took dimensions of the spaces Thursday so I can continue to work on that.  Thursday night I came back and made lee a nice dinner of stuffed red peppers.  It was nice to have a dinner that wasn't pasta or frozen pizza.  When i went to the store I wanted to find quinoa but I had to settle for cous cous! oh well!  Friday we had a free day.  After sleeping in a little bit Becca and I went to our local shops and I found a bigger purse!  It is cute and was cheap!  Then the fun began, we went to explore Harrods.  So I thought I knew Harrods pretty well since I had been once...but I was wrong!  We got a map of the store and went to all the rooms ( even the floor on the top with pets in it).  We played the game, find the most expensive thing and guess the price.  When we were in the kids department we found a simple Dolce and Gabana dress for....700 pounds...for a little girl!  That is one spoiled girl!  We were exhausted after spending hours in that store.  Friday night I went to a Alumni Shabbat with Lee for camp.  It was a lot of camp people from England and we had a nice meal and just hung out!  It was really great!
*reoccurring theme on this trip...food!
Potatoes over hot melted cheese!
Saturday we had another free day so we went exploring.  First we went to the Borough Market.  This place had the most amazing food ever!  It was so much food and so great!  Lunch was awesome!  The picture is on the right.  They took a massive wheel of cheese and would melt it so the top was hot, then push it off onto the potatoes!  It was so good!!!
I will be going back there and bringing my parents back there!  They had nice fresh produce so I got some fruit!

After that we went to explore the Highgate cemetery.  It is a famous cemetery where Karl Marks is buried.  This place was similar to the famous cemetery in Argentina.  We walked around some, it was pretty creepy.  After that we came back here and defrosted and relaxed.  It was a long day outside in really cold weather.
Saturday evening we went out.  On our walk to the tube it was snowing so much!  Obviously, massive snow ball fights broke out!
Today, lazy sunday!
Doing homework for the week and relaxing!

I really love that even when we have free days, we dont just sit around, we come up with stuff to do and go off and explore.  Today we were going to take a day trip but the snow changed all our plans because alot of the tube lines are shut or slow.  Would have been a pain!
So snowy outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment