Thursday, February 9, 2012

This week

I figured I better blog before this weekend because after this weekend I will have a lot to blog about.  We leave tomorrow morning early for Edinburgh!  Should be a great weekend!  I cant wait to go!
So this week.  Standard week of classes...for London that is!
Monday I had my internship in the morning and then I had theater class.  For my internship I started drawing some sketches for the piece of furniture I am designing.  We did not see a show this week for theater because we are missing class next Monday because we will be in Scotland, so we cannot talk about the show.
Tuesday, I had 2 classes.  For our outings we went to the British Library and saw the Magna Carta and the Beatles documents and alot of stuff like that.  It was cool!  For Culture by Design we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum.  We looked at the contemporary design work, it was really cool!  I love that class.  Side note...I got that class to count for art history so I am taking technically 2 art history classes here so I will finish my art history minor sooner than I thought!
Wednesday I got to my internship and then they told me about my next project.  I was to go to the Chelsea Harbor Design Center (a mall like place of all vendors for fabrics, tiles etc).  I had to find tiebacks for cutrains for a client and had the fabric sample with me.  It is a massive place so it was good that I was only looking for something that they did not have a massive amount of lines for.  Every store/vendor had diferent ones so I photographed, ordered samples and gave out my business card to them to get in contact.  Now it is time to present them to the client and find out lead times and prices for all of them.
Today, Thursday, I went to my internship all day, we went to the Surface Design Show.  It was amazing!  I am so happy I am getting out and seeing so much for my internship and not just sitting at a desk.  It is great!  The design show was a lot of vendors with glass surfaces, tiles and metals.  Not as much fabric more wall coverings and stuff.  I learned a lot about companies.  Tony who went with me (he is a designer for the company) was teaching me questions to ask to companies just by leading and talking to alot of vendors.
Had lunch at an amazing burger place called Byron!  It was so good! I had a root beer float also!
Tonight we are going to see a movie at the Odeon Theater.  It is a theater where most premiers are done.
Tomorrow we are going to Edinburgh.  I will post after my awesome weekend in Scotland!!
Having a great time still!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment