Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another great start to my week!

So I am blogging again, I think I am doing pretty well keeping up with this!
Its Wednesday afternoon...I just got back from my internship and I have class in an hour so I have some down time for about an hour.
Monday, I had my internship in the morning where the guy did not show up becuase he was sick.  I came back that morning and relaxed and did homework until my class.  My class in the afternoon was London Theater.  We talked about last weeks play ( the ladykillers).  Our discussion focused on humor and exaggerating situations with humor as opposed to a subtle style of show like The Mouse Trap.  It was pretty interesting.  We then talked about going to see MATILDA!  Our tickets were for Tuesday night ( last night).  We were all so excited to see it!

Tuesday, I had 2 classes.  British Media and Society and then Culture by Design.   In the first class we talked about history of interesting places and how they help facilitate the communication in that place.  I wasn't following the conversation fully, I was doodling!  We then went on a walk around Covent Garden, Leister Square area.  We stopped at various theaters and were told about the places.  We stopped at the National Opera House and went around there and were discussing important things about that.  It was cool to hear about the Opera House.  While in there we found out they are doing Alice and Wonderland the ballet in a month.  I then saw later that they sell discount ( 1/2 price tickets) on the streets to the Opera House.  Its like it is destined for me to see it!
Later that day, I had culture by design where we talked about photographs.  He showed us two pictures of september 11th and we had to argue which would be best in a history textbook for 50 years from now.  The pictures were drastically different, so it was a good debate.  We then went to the National Portrat Gallery where we looked at the exhibit Taylor Wessing.  It is leaving in about a week so we got lucky we could see it.  Our teacher works at the portrait gallery so he has the insider scoop!
Right after that we went to Matilda.  Stopped at a cute pizza shop on the way to the theater.  Matilda was amazing!!  I have never seen anything like this show.  The set was amazing and it had more special effects then I expected.  Matilda in it was adorable!!
Today, I went to my internship in the morning.  I had a great time there.  I worked on a spreadsheet of the items for the clients bathroom we were working on.  It got me more comfortable with brands in London for fabric and items.  I also signed myself up to go with the guy designer on Thursday to a massive design festival.  That is next Thursday, so that is great!
About to head to class!!
All i do is eat and drink tea here!! Oh it snowed a tiny bit yesterday while we were on our walk...even with 100 layers on I was still freezing
It hasnt rained in te past few days which is good because my purse is too small to carry my umbrella around with me all the time, this weekends goal is to get a bigger purse!
Havent stopped smiling or laughing since I have gotten here!

No comments:

Post a Comment